The electrical fault, usually of a high magnitude, is directed to ground through the grounding electrode, by means of the grounding conductors.
As it reaches the grounding electrode, the electrical fault current finds a large resistance -the earth, which is a terribly bad conductor of electrical current- and, consequently, rebounds and moves towards the entire electrical installation and all equipment connected to it, causing disaster.
Next, AWD researchers evaluated what exactly occurs upon a lightning strike. When the earth is overloaded with electrical charge as it occurs during thunderstorms, the lightning rod turned out to be the highest risk factor.
When lightning actually strikes the lightning rod, if its electromagnetic current does not find a very small impedance in its way to the earth, all its energy will dissipate through the building´s metallic structures and components such as rebars, structural steel, handrails, metallic cabinets, and the very electrical installations, causing explosions and damage to the building and equipment contained in it.
Finally, AWD researchers discovered that when the earth´s magnetic field is not perfectly aligned with the magnetic fields originating from other sources, nodes and distortions are created due to the influence of the field lines, producing as a consequence interferences to the magnetic fields of lesser magnitude.
Considering the above findings, AWD developed a technology through experimentation, concluding that for a good and efficient operation of a grounding electrode system, the technology should be considered not in an electrical manner as we have traditionally incorporated in our electrical designs, but in an electromagnetic manner.
AWD technology requires the orientation of the grounding electrode electromagnetic fields aligned with the magnetic poles of the planet.
The development and design of the Faragauss grounding system had as Objective No. 1: improving the operation of electrical equipment such as motors, generator sets, power lines, and other devices as well as electronic devices used in a variety of applications such as computers, networks, telecommunications, electro pathology, etc.
Additionally, as objective No. 2: protecting the entire installation from transferred electrical current in any direction, including structural and other components which may establish an electric arc.
Present practice uses as grounding electrodes one or more buried conducting rods for the physical earth of the electrical system. It is also well known that if the ground rods are buried close to each other in a small area, the electric current flowing from each ground rod will share the same exit trajectories thereby reducing the earth´s capacity for conducting the electric current.
The Faragauss grounding system includes an integral magneto-active electrode that is equivalent to several grounding rods placed together in a bigger area but has the characteristic of offering improved dissipation of the electric current.When the Faragauss grounding system is installed at electric substations, the following main benefits obtained such as:
- Improved efficiency of the power transformer (by reducing electric and magnetic losses).
- Energy savings as a consequence of lower electric and magnetic losses.
- Attenuation of radiation of magnetic fields by improving the reflection effect in the
- transformer housing.
- Increased cleanliness and stability of the electric fluid (less turbulence).
- Extended life for the capacitors and filters reactors.
- Improved efficiency of the transformer Neutral.
- Efficient Opening of the transformer protection systems.
- Cancellation of the “curls” or potential differences between the distribution cabinets and
- the transformer; and in the entire electric distribution network.
When the Faragauss grounding system is installed in industries, shops and production centers in general, the system protects all the machinery, the electric and electronic equipment, including machine-tools and motors.The following benefits are obtained:
- Increased safety at the work center.
- Decreased heating in motors and cables.
- Energy Savings by more efficient operation.
- Attenuation of noise and distortion in speed variations.
- Decrease in harmonic distortion (By attenuating the 3ª harmonic in the power transformer).
- Improved power factor (due to smaller reluctance of the transformer)
- Extended life of systems, equipment and components.
- Reduced faults and damages. (No damaged cards).
- Lower maintenance costs.
When the Faragauss grounding system is installed for electronic devices of high sensibility, including the transmission equipment of radio and television stations; analogical and digital telephony; electro medicine; banks and electronic cashiers; telemetry and aerial navigation; calculation; laboratories; hotelier; hospitals and medical centers; cinema rooms and theaters, etc. the Faragauss system provides complete protection.The following benefits are obtained:
- Better yield and efficiency of electronic cards and delicate components
- (Operation with an authentic “0” logical).
- Cancellation of errors and shortcomings in manufacturing automated processes.
- Elimination or reduction of “System out of service” in banking networks, etc..”
- Reduced equipment malfunction and repairs caused by undesirable currents.
- Lower rate of errors.
- Improved quality of operation.
- Lower maintenance costs.
- Energy savings by lowering losses.
- Increment of stability and efficiency.
- Higher speed / meter in transmission of data in networks. (Good operation of
- pines 1, 7, 3, 4, in category five and foto trans-receptors in optic fiber).
- Higher quality and Definition purity in signs.
- Extended useful life of equipment, systems and apparatuses.
The Faragauss grounding system has accessories and materials for its installation, which is carried out in a simple manner.
Accessories include connectors, joining bars, admittance coupler, and a non-polluting, inorganic earth conditioner for grounding electrode wells.